Directory Submission Services
One of the most influential and efficient way of improving your website visibility on the web is Directory submission. As its name suggests, Directory Submission is very similar to the practice of getting your website registered in yellow pages. The directory has a compilation of links broken down into different categories. Under these, a user can spot relevant information. The directory is more or less a collection of bookmarks that are open for the use of public. As per the SEO industry experts, the technique helps largely in increasing visibility and rankings.
Normally, these directories are very specific about the website links posted or submitted. They house only relevant, quality websites that are genuine and are placed in the category relevant to their business.
Importance of submitting websites to Different Directories
- Get your website indexed
- One way links helps in improving search engine ranking
- Free submission increases web visibility
- Get to target specific keywords/ Phrases
Common Directory submission guidelines for Webmasters
- While making submissions to the Open Directory, ensure not to submit mirror sites.
- Stay away from the techniques of double submission and also, avoid presenting a site with an address that redirects to another address.
- Totally avoid submitting websites that are under construction.
- Strictly follow the policy while making submissions of adult and illegal content.
- Main directories are very specific about their submissions. As for instance a UK-based site must be submitted to the desired regional category. Similarly, websites that are commercial must make submissions to the Business and Economy category.
- The facility of world directory submissions is available for non-English websites