Measuring the results of all your online marketing campaigns is a job of high importance. The results not only provide you with statistical data or reports but also give you the apt information regarding flaws of your campaign. By analyzing your results, you can detect the shortcomings and can work on them accordingly.
Many a time it happens that even after trying a proven and well thought internet marketing technique for your online business, you fail to achieve the anticipated rate of traffic and conversion. Moreover, to make worse of this situation, you begin to deploying another technique without even trying to know what exactly went wrong with your previous internet marketing campaign. For any campaign, it is must to measure its results so that the loopholes can be figured out and required improvements can be taken. The best way to measure the results of a campaign is web analytics. Web analytics not only provide you with the statistics but also explain what it mean in real terms and open a wider scope for improvement.
Analyzing the analytics for your Internet Marketing campaign
- The significance of Targeted Traffic:
- Obviously, the effort is to drive the highest possible rate of traffic. A website stands the chances of breaking a sale only when it meets highly targeted visitors. With a combination of data, you can easily identify the number of visits you are receiving from a particular link or keyword search. Termed as a bounce rate, this typically identifies an ad campaign which is not exactly targeted. Also, you may measure the count of visitors taking exit from your site straight away.
- Popularity of page:
- With proper analytics reading, you can identify your website’s the most and least popular pages. They provide clear picture regarding the hot pages of your website that matters the most when it comes making conversion. On the other hand, if a specific page or link is making visitors leave your site then you are required to address that particular issue as well.
- Devaluing Analytical reports and data:
- Most companies overlook the significance of making use of analytical data only because they do not know how to actually attain and measure. Thankfully, for this purpose, we nowadays, have many professional online marketing companies. Later, this highly purposeful information is collected and viewed closely in addition to other server logs, and any other statistics that can be availed, by efficient Internet marketing company. This invaluable information is then used for the formulating the optimization processes of any ad campaign, using any technique.
- Evaluate the visitors’ Responsiveness:
- A step ahead, the task of measuring your visitor’s reaction or behavior comes in. This helps in analyzing visitors’ behavior towards a specific form of Internet marketing or through a specific advertising campaign. The higher the response rate is, the better the campaigns success rate will be with much improved return on investment and the more successful that campaign. Obviously, heavy influx of traffic that does not get converted into customers. Especially, when you are investing time, efforts and funds into generating traffic that, as yet, is not responding in the desired manner, the result is zero.
- Visitor Demographics:
- With analytics, you can identify the exact location of your visitors, and of course, a number of other details regarding your average visitor. All these reports are employed to assist you in targeting offers, introduce increment in your offering for a specific area, or find out whether or not this is much scope for upgrading on your geo-targeting.
- Measure your website marketing results:
- Web analytics play a very vital role when it comes to measuring the success rate of an online marketing campaign, However, a very few websites pay enough heed to these statistics and keep on practicing the same techniques irrespective of identifying their usefulness. Although driving traffic is any campaigns important motto but it should not be the only motive. In deed, the main objective should perhaps be the eventual conversion rate. Your visitors must get impressed by your website and should get converted into customers and sales.
Tarun Gupta, CEO of Brainpulse Technologies, is a prolific author and digital marketing specialist. His insightful writings span SEO, content marketing, social media strategy, and email campaigns, offering invaluable expertise to businesses worldwide. Tarun’s contributions continue to shape the digital marketing landscape, guiding success in multiple niches.