Load balancing is very innovative and definitive process that acts to improvise the overall network transfer speed and serve response time. The process integrates various methods to reduce the server traffic congestion to enhance and ensure smooth functioning of the web servers.
The websites that carry huge traffic volume understands the importance of network-transfer-speed and overall server-response-time that helps to increase the actual quality of service. If move to the term network-transfer-speed, web hosting services experts refer it as the volume of the bandwidth that are internet linked and another term server-response time prominently depends upon several server utilities like CPU speed, RAM and the strategic convenience of input /output performance. In these situations of web server traffic congestion, a web server starts doing ambiguous functioning.
Crucial Advantages of Load balancing
- Seamless web server scalability:
- The alternative approach of load balancing is all set to improve the web traffic and associated congestion by distributing the overhead traffic by adding more servers in the web server and share the load among all equally. This managed distribution of the web traffic into several servers is popularly called the phenomenon of load balancing. The terrible condition of handling high volume of incoming server traffic can only be solved by powering server with more RAM or by increasing the CPU speed. Another mechanism to escape the big traffic congestion is using more faster SCSI controllers and disks that offer shorter access time.
- The methodology of load balancing:
- If a web hosting company is to be believed, load balancing is an activity used to fine tune the server network, disk subsystem and computer system for the best performance. Sharing available data and I/O processing across the servers is another activity, load balancing acts around. In this phenomenon two or more web servers are attached with the web serer to comply with the resource overloading situation. In case of heavy traffic, it's forwarded to another working server that accommodates more traffic resolving capacity. Load balancing done by a web hosting company is all about the distribution, processing and inter server activity management across the computer networks.
- Types of Load Balancing:
- Web hosting services providers offer two types of load balancing activities for the servers. The criterion of selection of the preferred activity depends upon the the individual requirements, features available and the cost to be occurred on installation. The very first type of method is called Round Robin DNS balancing. This very primary kind of technique has a built in Round Robin feature BIND of a DNS server allows a comprehensive cycling activity through the IP addresses in accordance with the group of servers in a cluster.
Another load balancing methodology is called Hardware Load Balancing adapted by web hosting solution providers. It routes TCP/IP data packets to various servers in the format of a cluster. During the functioning, this mode uses the circuit level network to route the traffic towards other servers.
Tarun Gupta, CEO of Brainpulse Technologies, is a prolific author and digital marketing specialist. His insightful writings span SEO, content marketing, social media strategy, and email campaigns, offering invaluable expertise to businesses worldwide. Tarun’s contributions continue to shape the digital marketing landscape, guiding success in multiple niches.
Load Balancing Solutions by BrainPulse Web Hosting Company can be used to build complex virtual private networks of dedicated servers to meet specific requirements of web applications to establish high availability redundancy and scalability to your network.