Google being the highest traffic generator of the search engine, optimizing the website for Google is a mandatory exercise for any online marketing strategy. It may sound easy when i say that, but in essence it is more complicated than it sounds.
The SEO Strategy Blue print for optimizing websites differs from one industry to another, as each industry has various levels of competition.
The key to get to the Top of the SERP's lies deeply in your understanding of this game.
- Content strategy,
- On-Page Optimization,
- Off-page landscapes
I may be sounding a little scary the way i began, so i will simplify this for you so you can get a hang of what i am saying in bullets and each bullet explained.
Content Strategy - Put Together a Great Website
I am sure you have heard this a thousand time (content is King), but what is the deeper layer to this statement. The content is what drives this whole ball game. Putting together a website is where you begin. If you are not the best out there in terms of content you are only thinking about getting lucky, but how often will getting lucky work. So work on your website.
Formulate a Great Strategy for your website content, Define it, In my terminology i call it the information architecture (IA) of the website, you can call it what ever you like.
Let me elaborate this a bit more for better understanding.
This is how you may begin....
- Find out the content strategy of your competition, it always to understand what your competitors are doing.
- Define your content strategy around it as it will give you ideas and try to make it even better than your competition.
- Defining is only the beginning, now you need to get the right content around your information architecture. If you are understand your industry well, do it your self, hire a professional to do it, but make sure that your content is killer.
- The rest of the stuff is simple. Do the meta tags, don't spam it.
- Optimize the HTML Markup, use header tags appropriately, emphasize on the keywords by using strong and underline tags.
- Have a good navigation architecture in something that's really important, if the Information architecture is vast, get a professional to get this planned for you.
That's more than what you need to know to get started.
In case this all still feels like Rocket Science, You always have a choice to get to Professional SEO Company Like Brainpulse Technologies, (Wink) and we can get you sorted in no time.
Well that's just the whistle blown out, signalling that the Game has begun. I will be talking this article to the next part talking on off-page aspects of optimizing for Google.
Tarun Gupta, CEO of Brainpulse Technologies, is a prolific author and digital marketing specialist. His insightful writings span SEO, content marketing, social media strategy, and email campaigns, offering invaluable expertise to businesses worldwide. Tarun’s contributions continue to shape the digital marketing landscape, guiding success in multiple niches.