After a long haul of almost 10 months, Google rolled out its Google Panda 4.2 update this weekend. The search engine giant broke this news to Search Engine Land.
Most of the webmasters, SEOs and people who waited for this didn't notice as this roll out is going on dead slowly. Search team from Google said that the update can take months to roll out fully since it's slowly impacting the site.
The algorithm is still a site-wide algorithm, but the impact may not immediately appear on some of your web pages. The last Panda update was happened almost 10 months ago on September 25, 2014. Many of the webmasters are still unaware of the update and this impacted about 2-3% of English language queries.
The update comes with a fair chance for those who was earlier penalized by Panda in last update. If you're one who faced the Panda ire in its last update, wait for sometime to see you rankings recovered. The rankings will get back to normal over time. The update is not like other past Panda updates where results and shuffle in rankings were quick.
Here is the complete list of panda updates happened over time:
Google Panda Update Timeline :
- Panda 1 : Feb 23rd 2011
- Panda 2.0: April 11, 2011
- Panda 2.1 : May 9, 2011
- Panda 2.2 :June 21, 2011
- Panda 2.3 : July 23, 2011
- Panda 2.4 : August 12, 2011
- Panda 2.5 : September 28, 2011
- Panda 3.0 : October 13, 2011
- Panda 3.1: November 18, 2011
- Panda minor update : Dec 19, 2011
- Page layout algo : January 19, 2012
- Panda 3.3 : February 27th 2012
- Panda 3.4 : March 24th 2012
- Panda data refresh: April 19th 2012
- Panda 3.6: April 27th 2012
- Google Panda 3.7: June 11th, 2012
- Panda 3.8 : June 26th 2012
- Panda 3.9 : Affected Korean and Japanese language.
- Panda 4.0 : July 25th-26th 2012
- Google Panda 20th Update : 27th September 2012
- Google Exact Match Domain penalty: 28th September 2012
- Google Page layout algo update: 10th October 2012
- Panda 21 : November 5th, 2012
- Panda 22: November 22nd, 2012
- Panda 23: December 21-22, 2012
- Panda Update 24, Jan. 22, 2013
- Panda Update 25: March 15, 2013
- Panda Update 26: July 18, 2013
- Panda Update 27: May 20, 2014
- Panda Update 28: Sept. 25, 2014
- Panda Update 4.2: July 18, 2015
Tarun Gupta, CEO of Brainpulse Technologies, is a prolific author and digital marketing specialist. His insightful writings span SEO, content marketing, social media strategy, and email campaigns, offering invaluable expertise to businesses worldwide. Tarun’s contributions continue to shape the digital marketing landscape, guiding success in multiple niches.