Vulnerable attack on web content and information flow has increased in recent times as administrators kept focus on vital network components like web servers. Publically posted web contents are under serious threat from attackers.
Apart from the operating systems, web content is another component that needs prevention against the attacks. Web hosting services experts, who look forward to web server security, leave no stone unturned to ensure security of actual contents. It has been frequently observed that hosting administrators usually overlook the security of the web contents posted on the websites. Experts in the web host industry feel that vulnerable attack on web content and information flow has increased in recent times as administrators kept focus on vital network components like web servers, operating systems and network. This serious ignorance has paved a clear path for attackers to exploit the interactive elements of the website.
Restricted information on public website
An organization should have a web publishing process that determines the type of information or content to get published on the public websites. Once ready to post content on the public website, administrators should clear about the information with restricted access and information with public access. Publically posted web contents are under serious threat from attackers. An organization should therefore avoid posting a number of listed information on the websites.This information includes:
- Legal records
- Uniquely identifying information
- Internal personnel rules
- Classified records
- Investigating records
- Sensitive or proprietary information
- Personal information
One should also be prohibited to publish organization’s physical and information security procedures and copyrighted material without owner’s consent on the public websites.
Regulated collection of user information:
A Web Hosting Company issues a stringent privacy regime to regulate the type of information to be posted on the website about users. Before collecting data, it should be concisely communicated to the authorities that what data is being collected and with whom it has to be shared. Before publishing contents on the public websites, organizations must be aware of legal, regulatory, and contractual issues with the authorities.
- Reducing indirect attacks:
- In web hosting services terms, indirect attacks on the web contents across the web servers are those attacks that occur due to visiting an infected web site coined by the attacker. It resembles so authentic that when users visit the website, he gets targeted by the bugs and malicious attacks.
- Phishing Attacks:
- With the advent of social media, these sorts of attacks are growing by each passing day. Phishing attackers take advantage of social engineering techniques and push users to access a fake Web site by furnishing personal information. Web hosting services professionals suggest users to not to respond any e-mail that seems forged or force you to furnish your vital details.