You have no option left but to change your web host if your business becomes popular and your current service provider finds it tough to handle the traffic load, bandwidth and storage requirements. It's not an easy decision to change your web host in a hurry.
If you are using a free Web Hosting Service Provider, you have to change it if your business becomes popular and your current service provider finds it tough to handle the traffic load, bandwidth and storage requirements. It's not an easy decision to change your web host in a hurry but demands serious considerations. Before final migration, you should complete some basic tasks related to your business website. If your website is not well-structured, website redesigning can help you to gain the confidence back. It's also recommended to use a redirect page on your old website that automatically forwards users to the new one.
- Operating System Platform:
- This is the most important thing you should think upon while choosing a new host. Nowadays, web hosting providers are offering their complete set of services on both Windows and Linux operating system platforms with added features like service level agreement and money back guarantee. Both the operating systems have their own advantages thus inquire your service provider which one is best suited for your business requirements.
- Data Storage Options:
- A website needs a specific amount of storage space and data center needs. Storage needs are entirely dependent on the data stored on the website. A service provider therefore offers a web hosting plan in strict accordance with the user requirements. Before migrating your host, discuss data storage options to escape any last minute inconvenience.
- Services Options Offered:
- A good web hosting company offers a wide range of services to the business houses. These services include file transfer, data download/upload, mail forwarding and auto responders etc. When you migrate your website to another web host provider, ensure that all these services are available in the migration plan.
- FrontPage Extension Support:
- If your website is using FrontPage extension, ensure that other web host also offers this support after migration. The absence of this extension can lead to number of ambiguities in website functioning. Check with the support system of your host provider if he arranges extra bandwidth for your website.
- Shared Server Support:
- It's always recommended to go for a Dedicated Hosting Services. In case of the shared server speed of site loading may be reduced if an adult or other heavy sites are running parallel with your website. The cost of the dedicated server hosting may be a concern but you can negotiate your service provider if he can offer certain discounts and bargains on overall price after migration.