Linux offers a number of advantages to the users in comparison to other platforms used in web hosting process. You can count on numerous of its features including its scripting language compatibility, stability and security and very easy Linux conversion process.
In web hosting environment, Windows web hosting and Linux web hosting are giving stiff competing to each other to become the most visible. Being very true, both the platforms have their own advantages over other and the users who use these utilities sing their own song in praise. Let Windows rest in peace at least till the completion of this article since, this writeup is going to elaborate associated advantages of Linux web hosting. Experts always think that Linux is an obvious match for running Web hosting servers and applications due to its stability and durable approach. You can rely on number of benefits that Linux offers while using it as the server platform. Below summarized are the factors that make most preferred hosting platform:
- Extended security and stability
- Flexible scripting language compatibility
- Efficient Database support
- Enhanced server maintenance capabilities
- Open Source Software :
- Being a open sources platform is the key advantage that Linux offers over other server platforms. Purchasing Linux needs no licensing fee or any other associated surcharges, so anyone can download the Linux platform to use the server. Due to its open source nature, users may also add customized codes to improve the software functionality constantly.
- Linux Conversion :
- Linux offers an ability where users can easily convert a linux based website into a windows based website. It's the biggest advantage in the scenario when Linux hosting software doesn't accomplish the need, expected. Users may have the option to upload the files to a Windows website with no or minor changes. It helps a lot when comes to manage growing number of business websites.
- Scripting Language Compatibility:
- If experts are to be believed, Linux shows more compatibility with the scripting languages like MySQL, Perl, and PHP. All desktop and server applications required for your web design or development such as File Server, Web Server, DNS Server and FTP can easily be downloaded free for your server to use.
- Database Compatibility:
- With Linux database hosting, users can avail a number of databases like SQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. with full compatibility and without any additional plug ins. All these database offer a convenient mechanism to led an effective communication between the website and database. If you desire an efficient data retrieval mechanism across the hosting process, Linux serves you best.
- Stability and security:
- Linux is known for proactive security and stability measures in compare to other server platforms. Linux primarily popular as it's availability as an open source software. It enables Linux to be more economical, secure, and stable in nature. All the above mentioned attributes make Linux most appealing to web development professionals.