Is Website Maintenance Really Important to Improvise Your Sales
Tarun Gupta October 14th, 2009 Web Designing no comments.
Website maintenance is the solution to various problems related to a website and it is always a better choice to formulate a proper plan to keep your site updated. The maintenance cost is worth if it helps you to increase your visitors who can convert to potential customers and buy your services and products. The older a site, the greater attention it needs for retaining the freshness quotient of the website.
An attractive website that visually appeals to the visitors can generate tremendous amount of traffic to your business and increase your sales. When a visitor views a website, he looks for something that is new and interesting and this fact reveals the importance of website maintenance. It is at this point that the website owners should fully utilize the web maintenance services that can pump up life into the site and make it customer savvy. Simple website designing does not ensure its proper functioning. Letting your landing page stagnate is just like watching a pond of crystal clear water go murky. Visitors will soon stop viewing the site and so it is important to update your web pages at least once every two weeks and get the site back into life.
It is seen that website owners invest a good amount of money in website designing so as to build an attractive site inserting all recent and striking features but usually ignore the task of maintaining their websites, which is one of the most important thing to do. A well framed website maintenance plan that covers all aspects will not only make the website function smoothly but will also take your site a step forward to success. The search engines will pay a regular visit to your site and this will shoot your rankings.
Website maintenance task is separated into two broad categories, periodic improvements and regular updates. The changes made in the website usually range from simple text edit to complex updates that are related to web designing and adding of new functionalities. Regular updates includes addition of pages, publishing articles / whitepapers, newsletters, link integrity checking, technical aspects, addition of contents and updating the client testimonials etc. Periodic improvements include redesigning of pages or sections, reorganizing site structure, developing custom tools and adding new functionalities.
When Should You Update Your Website
- Promote new products:
- If you have anything new to offer to your customers then it is better to revise your website and add details of your products or services to increase sales in that area.
- Publish articles or press releases:
- Articles and press releases are a great means to keep your website up to date. Content rich sites are loved by search engines and even visitors will find recent information on your website. This will help you rank higher with the search engines.
- Changes regarding your business:
- If you are changing your business structure, it is important to notify the public in advance as so your need to review your website.
- Increase your clients list:
- Displaying more positive feedback of your clients will help to build your credibility. Updating the testimonials regularly will inform your clients that your services are genuine.