Title tag is the blue headline that is visible in the search engine result page. The search engines not only read the title tag but add value to it that is far more significant than any other visible text pointing to your website.
Title tag is the most vital on site attribute that the user finds at the top of the browser window. It helps the search engines to determine what your web page is all about. A well written title tag briefs your viewer about web page’s relevancy for certain keyword phrases. It is a free heading displayed by Google to potential customers to capture the reader’s attention. It is important to create a unique title and get the majority of the traffic from the search. In case the title does not match the content of the web page, the search engines will consider it to be a spam and will drop the rankings.
As far as search engines are concerned a keyword phrase should be placed at the start of the title tag increasing its value. Single keywords are usually very difficult to rank and so it is always better to choose longer keywords to be used in the title tag. An appealing and relevant title tag makes the site more descriptive and navigable to the viewers and reduces the bounce rate of the web page. The title tag plays a critical role in optimizing any website and carries considerable weight. It should be selected very cautiously; assuring that it maintains the highest SEO effectiveness and attracts the customers while they are searching for certain products or services.How to Create the Best Title Tag
- Include Keyword Phrases:
- The research keywords are most valuable for capturing traffic and needs to be included in the title tag. It should be the logical center of attraction.
- Limited Length:
- It is recommended that the title tag should not be longer than 65 to 70 characters. Avoid using and, or as they take space and search engine often shorten the title after 65 – 70 words.
- Brand name:
- Use your brand name at the beginning or end of the title tag so that the searchers are aware of your brand and they return to your site often. With a good brand image you will find that users are ready to click even lowers ranking sites.
- Select Longer Key Phrases:
- Including longer phrases in the title tag helps to describe the relevancy of the page based on the search queries. They receive significant search traffic that can bolster your site value.
- Find The Intent Of Your Searcher:
- The title tag should contain the search terms based on the intent of the audience. A descriptive title will be more appropriate for a research based browsing and specifying the function is suitable for any purchase related action.
- Conversion Rates And Click Through:
- The title tag is difficult to measure and improve since the status is not provided very easily. But with relatively stable market you can try to improve the click through. After proper analysis buy search ads that can make a great difference.