Quality Score Pushes Up PPC Campaigns
Tarun Gupta September 12th, 2012 Pay Per Click 3 comments.
The rank of quality score impacts both the cost and position of your pay-per-click ads campaign in search engine ranking pages. Search engines typically evaluate the text ad(s), keywords, and landing page during the campaign. The more higher you score, more higher your business appears in search.
During PPC campaign, Quality score is a term that comes frequently. Technically, quality score evaluates the relevance and usefulness of your business in the eyes of search engines. The rank of quality score impacts both the cost and position of your pay-per-click ad campaign in search engine ranking pages. Search engines typically evaluate the text ad(s), keywords, and landing pages during the campaign. The higher you score, higher your business appears in search.
Count On The Quality Score Advantages:
- Quality Score Affects Search Advertising Campaign:
- Quality score of your PPC ad campaign affects a number of components related to your search advertising campaign. These factors include the actual cost-per-click of your keywords, the minimum bid you estimate for your keywords, and the rank of your text ad(s). If you have higher quality scores, it will result in a lower cost-per-click for your target keywords. It simply means that with a high quality score, it’s easier for your ad to appear in good search positions when someone searches for your target keywords.
- Quality Score Calculation:
- While determining the quality score, search engines determine a number of crucial factors. These factors include keyword CTR history, landing page quality, text ad relevance and keyword relevance as well. Keyword Relevance isn't only determined by the keyword’s presence or frequency on a landing page but Google's take on its importance is also considered wisely. The historical performance of the keyword is another important factor to take in notice. Google assigns every keyword a base quality based on its historical performance. Google also takes into account the exact CTR when the keyword exactly matched a search term.
- Quality Score Decided On landing Pages:
- Recently Google has announced that landing page quality will also be determining factor for the quality score. Thus it's extremely important for you to ensure your landing pages displaying content that a user would see after clicking your ad. Make sure that the content is relevant to the subject matter and according to the topic of your ad.
The million dollar question here is how to improve your quality score. PPC management experts and Adwords professionals believe that it's quite tough to manage and maintain the quality score. Service-specific keywords can be a big help because it lets your ad appear in the sponsored results when a user searches for those terms in search engines. Thus, you should not leave a single stone unturned to make it more effective, contextual and relevant to your PPC campaign.