Directory submission is probably the most comprehensive tool in the process of search engine optimization that allows websites to have a prominent place in the search engines and getting quality back links for the websites. The process could reap good fruits only you follow the strict guidelines and terms it conveys to you.
Every online business acts to mingle all the dimensions in order to increase its over all visibility in the search engines and to drive as much traffic possible to the websites. Certainly it's the tedious process and gaining traffic to the website and having prominence in the search engines captures a lot of time and effort. Getting inbound or back links influences the rank of your website in the search engines and the most influential part of search Engine Optimization, companies involve in SEO Services rely on.
Among all the proposed ways of acquiring back links, directory submission is probably the prominent one and its contribution to the ranking is apart any doubt. In very native words, a SEO Company India uses directory submission as a website optimization strategy to have some good rankings in the Google, Bing and Yahoo. Rather to mingle in the more explanation of the term lets understand some vital guidelines that are mandatory to follow in very order to acquire some good quality back links.
- Play safe with the title :
- When it's come to decide a title, every directory imposes its own criterion. There are some that prohibits the use of keyword in the in the title thus all you can do is to use company name in the title. Some of the common rules while choosing a title are listed below
- Title should be relevant to the category and must not stuffed with the keywords
- It must not have promotional objective in any manner
- Title shouldn't be too short or too lengthy in the length
- Avoid vague and slang words in the title
- Description Guidelines:
- All the directories require a brief description for the site to be submitted. The description should explanatory enough and a concise elaboration about your company. Most of the companies don't allow to add sales pitch, address and pricing details thus you must avoid these inclusions in the description portion. Some SEO services companies offer a number of terms and guidelines for the directory submission.
- Domain And URL Guidelines:
- While submitting your website, be peculiar about the URL format and domain structure for the directories. You must ensure that the URL is entered in the correct format. Parked domains and the domains with no contents should not be submitted. Some of the websites allow adding forward slash at the end of the URL, thus you may consider using these whenever mentioned in the directory submission guidelines.
- Site Contents :
- Directories prohibit the sites that are in the making or about to launch. The websites having one or no internal page inside face tough times in submission. In order to obtain affiliate links its very necessary that a comprehensive amount of the contents should be in your internal pages.